Nissan Motor (GB) Limited (“Nissan”) will use all reasonable efforts to fulfil these commitments but Nissan reserves the right to amend, modify or withdraw any or all of its commitments at its discretion.
1. BATTERY QUALITY GUARANTEE
(i) 24 KWH LEAF : If the battery capacity level gauge of your 24 kWh Nissan Electric Vehicle falls below 9 bars (out of 12 bars) within 60,000 miles or the first 5 years of the vehicle’s life (whichever comes first), Nissan will repair or replace the damaged battery components free of charge to bring the capacity up to 9 bars.
(ii) 30 KWH LEAF : If the battery capacity level gauge of your 30 kWh Nissan Electric Vehicle falls below 9 bars (out of 12 bars) within 100,000 miles or the first 8 years of the vehicle’s life (whichever comes first), Nissan will repair or replace the damaged battery components free of charge to bring the capacity up to 9 bars.
(iii) This guarantee applies to any Nissan Electric Vehicle purchased outright (both vehicle and battery purchased i.e. not Flex, for which the battery is leased separately) in the UK (including new or used Nissan Electric Vehicles) whether by retail or fleet customers. (iv) For Flex (battery lease) customers, the guarantee applies for the duration of the lease.
2. CONTINUOUS EV ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
All new Nissan electric vehicles will be provided with three years’ Nissan EV Pan European Roadside Assistance from the date of first registration. At the end of the initial three years, twelve months’ Nissan EV Pan European Roadside Assistance will be provided following each service in accordance with your vehicle’s warranty booklet and/or Owner’s manual when serviced at a Nissan dealership or Authorized repairer. Nissan EV Pan European Roadside Assistance only covers selected European countries. Contact your local Nissan dealer for more information. For Flex (battery lease) customers, Nissan EV Pan-European Roadside Assistance is provided free for the duration of your battery lease agreement. Under the Nissan EV European Roadside Assistance scheme, if your Nissan Electric Vehicle battery runs out while you are travelling and cannot be re-charged at your location, your car will be towed to either:
i. a location of your choice within a 30-mile range of your location;
ii. the nearest rapid charger within a 30-mile range where the Nissan Electric Vehicle can be charged;
iii. the nearest Nissan Electric Vehicle dealer with a rapid charger within a 30-mile range of your location (restricted to dealer operating hours) where the Nissan Electric Vehicle can be charged; or
iv. the nearest slow/fast charger within a 30-mile range of your location.
Customers must be in possession of the relevant RFID cards or other means to enable usage of chargers. If any cost for recharging the Nissan Electric Vehicle applies, it shall be covered by the customer. The Nissan EV Pan-European Roadside Assistance scheme is offered subject to a fair usage policy. Repeated call outs without reasonable cause, or any other abuse, or flagrant abuse of the scheme or your Nissan Electric Vehicle may result in your access to the scheme being suspended or terminated at Nissan’s discretion.
3. FREE RAPID CHARGING
All Nissan Electric Vehicles will be able to use free rapid charging systems at participating dealerships subject to the following conditions:
1. Free rapid charging at dealerships is subject to a maximum of 3 rapid charges per week per dealership, and a maximum of 30 minutes per charge.
2. Charging at dealerships is subject to applicable opening hours, availability, and hosting dealers’ specific terms and conditions. Please check with the dealership for opening hours and specific terms and conditions prior to visiting the dealership. Please contact customer services on 0330 123 1231 for information on participating dealerships.
3. From 11th of July 2016 there will be a charge to all drivers who use the Ecotricity Electric Highway. This is a network of rapid chargers at motorway service stations and other retailers such as IKEA. In order to continue using their charging network you will need to download the Electric Highway App. Click here for more details https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/for-the-road/electric-highway-app. Ecotricity Electric Highway rapid charger usage is subject to Ecotricity’s terms and conditions, available here https://www.ecotricity.co.uk/for-the-road/registration-form/terms-conditions
4. USE OF PETROL OR DIESEL CAR
Subject to availability and at participating Nissan dealerships, Nissan will endeavor to provide you with free use of petrol or diesel car (‘Loan Car’). Customer is eligible for free use of a Loan Car subject to the following conditions:
1. Customers must have purchased a Nissan Electric Vehicle new from a Nissan dealer. Not available to customers who purchased a used or ex-demonstration Nissan Electric Vehicle.
2. Customers must be a Retail or Motability customer only. Not available to Fleet, Contract Hire or Leasing customers. Please check with your dealer if you are an eligible customer type.
3. Only available during the first 3 years of ownership of a new Nissan Electric Vehicle.
4. Nissan only endeavor to provide you with a Loan Vehicle from dealership from which the Customer purchased their Nissan Electric Vehicle. To borrow a Loan Car from another dealership, please check with that dealership.
5. Customers may only borrow a Loan Car for up to 14 days per year.
6. Each booking must be for a minimum of one day. Any booking which lasts for less than one day will count as one full day for the purposes of this scheme.
7. Unless otherwise stated by the individual dealership, the provision of free use of a Loan Car is subject to a maximum mileage limit of 143 miles per day.
8. The Loan Car must not be taken from mainland UK. Unless agreed otherwise in advance, the Customer will be responsible for all fuel costs and all other costs such as Congestion Charge, parking, fines, tolls etc.
9. The Loan Car is subject to availability. Customers must give at least 7 days’ notice to the participating dealer before the pick-up date. The Loan Car will be either petrol or diesel, and will be either a manual, automatic or semi-auto at the dealer’s discretion. Participating dealers are not able to guarantee the model, specification, features, fuel type or transmission type of the loan car. Vans or Combis are not available to borrow. e-NV200 customers may borrow a petrol or diesel car if they like.
10. Customers will be responsible for their own insurance cost. Customers have the option to:
Purchase daily-rate insurance from the dealer at £5 per day. For full details and terms and conditions please refer to your dealer (e.g. age restrictions, excess etc.) Insurance purchased from the dealer is valid for the UK, NI and RoI only. Should Customers want to travel outside these regions in the Loan Car, they must switch their insurance from their Nissan Electric Vehicle to the Loan Car.
Switch their insurance from their Nissan Electric Vehicle to the Loan Car for the duration of the loan. Any costs incurred from the switching will be borne by the Customer. Please ask your dealer insurance company to provide you with a quote. For Motability Customers, please speak with your provider to check whether this option is available.
11. Customers must return the Loan Car to the dealership in the same condition as it was when it was picked up from the dealership. Customers may not make any modifications to the Loan Car, and dealerships will not make modifications to the Loan Car to meet individual Customer’s needs.
12. Customers are responsible for fuelling the Loan Car (including replacing any fuel provided by the dealership).
13. Customers are responsible for any costs, charges, damages, fines, and losses incurred by them during the loan period (including, without limitation, parking charges and fines, congestion charges, speeding penalties, damage to third party property, etc.).
14. Dealers reserve the right to check the customer’s driving license including for their DVLA code.
5. HERE FOR YOU
In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your Nissan Electric Vehicle or the service you have received from one of our Nissan Dealerships or Nissan Authorised Repairer, Nissan will provide a proposed action plan to resolve your question, concern or query within a maximum of 2 working days. The action plan will hopefully be the steps to resolve your problem but in a small number of cases it will form the first stage of a process that needs to be completed. For example, stage 1 could be to arrange for your vehicle’s concern to be investigated whilst ensuring your continuing mobility. In the event that an investigation is required, once the results of the investigation are known a full plan of action can be made to resolve the issue. Our commitment is not a guarantee that the issue will be resolved within 2 working days but it is a commitment to ensure that your question, concern or query is being addressed in a timely fashion. For the avoidance of doubt, our commitment is not an agreement to provide financial support.
6. 24-HOUR TEST DRIVE
Subject to availability and at participating Nissan dealerships, Nissan will endeavor to provide you with a 24 hours test drive of the Nissan LEAF (the ‘Demonstration Vehicle’). By participating in the 24 hours test drive, the driver agrees to abide by all terms and conditions set out below:
1. The driver agrees to keep the Demonstration Vehicle in his/her possession and under his/her control at all times and will not permit any other person to drive the Demonstration Vehicle.
2. The driver agrees that by undertaking the test drive, they will comply with their Dealership’s insurance policy in relation to the Demonstration Vehicle.
3. The Demonstration Vehicle must be returned to the Nissan dealership it was collected from within 24 hours of collection of the Demonstration Vehicle from the Nissan dealership, or at the time agreed with their dealership. The Demonstration Vehicle must be returned in the same condition as received prior to the test drive.
4. The driver is responsible on demand for any insurance excess for damages, claims, demands, costs and expenses arising out of the driver’s use of the Demonstration Vehicle.
5. The driver is liable for any penalty, fine or fixed penalty in relation to offences committed in respect of the Demonstration Vehicle during the test drive, any excess parking charge and any congestion or similar charge.
6. The driver must not use the Demonstration Vehicle for hire or reward, conveyance of passengers for reward, racing, pace making, reliability trials, speed tests and the towing of any trailer or for any unlawful purpose. The Demonstration Vehicle cannot be taken abroad.
7. No responsibility is accepted by the dealership under this agreement for any personal effects or belongings left in the Demonstration Vehicle and lost or damaged during the test drive.
8. No accessories or parts are to be removed from or affixed to the Demonstration Vehicle. The Demonstration Vehicle must not be altered in any way.
9. Smoking is not permitted in the Demonstration Vehicle.
10. Dealer’s terms and conditions may also apply. Dealer’s terms and restrictions may vary, so please contact your local dealership for further details.
If you need to call us from abroad, or prefer not to use our published number, call 0044 191 335 2879.
Speak to us between 8 am - 8 pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am – 2pm on Saturdays (excluding bank holidays). Outside of these times please leave a message and we’ll call you back the next working day. Roadside assistance is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.