Our prearranged car finance facility has been specifically designed to help customers who may be unsure of their credit history and to find a car that fits within their monthly budget.
With access to 14 different lenders, Charles Hurst is able to find the terms that best suit a customer’s particular credit profile. Our ‘soft search’ technology protects a customer’s credit rating and saves our customers having to ‘shop around’ making multiple credit applications. This is a quick and very convenient service, free of charge and with no-obligation quotes.
Here is how our online finance facility works
• Complete the brief online application to receive an instant decision at any time of day or night
• One of our customer services team will be happy to answer any queries you may have
• Obtain a credit limit that suits your ideal monthly budget
• Visit the dealership to test drive a selection of cars that you already know are affordable
Anyone can apply provided you
• Are aged 22 or over
• Hold a full UK provisional or full licence
• Are currently employed or self-employed earning in excess of £850 per month (after tax)
• Have been resident in the UK for over three years
Credit Rating Explained
A lender will tend to judge your finance application based on two key areas :
• How you have paid credit in the past (i.e. your ‘credit history’)
• Your overall current ‘profile’ (i.e. how long you have been at your address and how long you have been in your current job etc.)
The lender will then combine these two elements to create an overall ‘credit score’ or ‘credit rating’ for you as a potential customer. With access to 14 lenders, we are therefore able to cater for most credit statuses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What checks are done for vehicle finance?
Our prearranged car finance facility has been designed to help customers who are unsure of their credit history, to help find a car that fits within their monthly budget. Charles Hurst Vehicle Finance Checker will first request the loan details, including the total loan amount(£), and the term of the agreement (months). Then, you are requested to provide your contact details including your Full Name, Email address and contact phone number.
The next stage of the vehicle finance checker will request your date of birth, marital status, driving licence type held and the type of passport held.
Then we will request your address details and history over the past 36 months. This requires your residential status, and use our handy address lookup tool to find your address, or input your address manually, the final part of the address details requests the time you have stayed at the property in years and months.
The final check as part of the vehicle finance checker is your past 36 months of employment history. This requests information in relation to your current employment status, occupation, employer name, address, monthly net income and time at employment with this employer in years and months. This is a free service that will provide a no-obligation quote, so try now for yourself.
How does vehicle finance work?
You request finance, you provide the necessary information to the lender, you are then approved finance or not approved finance.
Then you can purchase the vehicle and pay any deposits required, at which point you own the car and are expected to pay the loan or finance back to the lender with added interest over the period of time specified and agreed prior to the Finance Agreement.
This amount varies from lender to lender and will depend on various factors such as:
• The loan period
• Your personal circumstances
• Your Credit score
• The deposit paid (if any) on the vehicle
At Charles Hurst, we have access to 14 different lenders and are able to find the terms that best suit your particular credit profile. Our ‘soft search’ technology protects your existing credit rating and saves you time on shopping around making multiple applications.
How can I get car finance?
If you are a resident in the UK for over three years, are over the age of 22, hold a full UK provisional or driving licence and in employment (employed or self-employed) earning over £850 per month (after tax), then you can apply for car finance.
If you meet all the above criteria you can:
• Complete the free no-obligation online application to receive an instant decision (at any time of day or night)
• Contact our customer services team, who will be happy to answer any queries you may have
• Obtain a credit limit that suits your ideal monthly budgetVisit the dealership to test drive a selection of cars that you already know are affordable